Saeco Vienna Plus is considered the most affordable superautomatic espresso machines within the Saeco lineups. It provides each of the critical features to brew an excellent cup of espresso with no complications and frills. It’s so reassuring to understand that numerous customers have owned a couple of units on this model for home and small office uses.
It becomes an improved iteration from the Saeco Vienna by using a better frothing wand and speedier switch from brewing to steaming cycle. It arrives with two colors of graphite and silver to put directly in a modern day kitchen décor.
# Features & Benefits
- Included Accessories
- A cleaning Instructions and brush are included.
- Optional Accessories
- Get one from Amazon for under $10 if you don’t have a milk pitcher.
- Power & Cord
- Input Power (W): 1200
- Voltage/Frequency (V-Hz): 110/60
- Dimensions (W x D x H inches): 13.26 x 12.80 x 14.80
- Weight (lbs): 18.7
- Warranty – 1-year limited warranty
15-Bar Pump Stainless and Pressure Steel Boiler: Anything produced from stainless talks about durability and also the boiler is not any exception. With the industry standard 15-bar pressure pump, the water is shipped to the brew group for preinfusion and fuller extraction within minutes.
Conical Burr Grinder: They have 18 settings to enable you to adjust for the brewing method. Always adjust the setting as soon as the grinding is on.
57-Ounce Water Tank: This is certainly considered a medium-size with regards to capacity goes. A standard espresso shot is around 1 fluid ounce in volume and further water could possibly be dispensed switching between brewing and steaming cycles. So, for an average coffee/latte drinker, there is no need to refill the tank multiple times a day. Just one single fewer chores to not forget. Before brewing as you’ll never know if multiple people in the same household use the unit, make it a good habit to check the water level.
12-Ounce Bean Hopper: Again one espresso shot requires about 7 grams of coffee (.25 ounces depending on the grind size). Just fill the container right before to prevent beans from getting oxidized and stale if you want to have fresh tasting coffee. You will find a variable dosing amount knob inside the container in order to adjust it down or up to match your preferred coffee intensity.
Pannarello Steaming Wand: Saeco managed to make it fool-proof to froth or steam milk to create cappuccinos or lattes. A similar system is also utilized for dispensing boiling water to create tea and even soups. If releasing hot steam from the wand to help cool down the temperature for brewing, the wait time from brewing to steaming is about 15 seconds and from steaming to brewing can be shorter.
Removable Brew Group: This feature carries a appealing factor comparing to a lot of models out there which are not removable. It is simple to go ahead and take group set off for quick cleaning per week to minimize the scaling from mineral deposits.
First, fill the water tank with cold and fresh water, tap, spring or filtered. It helps minimize the need for descaling especially if you live in an area with hard water, by using filtered water. Fill the bean hopper with freshly roasted coffee beans, preferably non-oily and non-flavored kind. You could always add flavor syrup for your brew. Adjust the grind setting, dosing amount and also the water volume to impress your taste buds.
The Saeco Vienna willtamp and grind, moisture the grounds combined with extraction all under 1 minute. Two dispensing spouts are for a few shots and adjustable down or up to suit various sizes of cup around 4 inches.
# Steaming Review
Some steam the milk first and some do once the coffee is made. You can try both to see if there is any major difference and more important to taste the outcome. Fill a pitcher with fresh cold milk of your choosing. Press “Steam” button till the indicator light becomes steady. Activate the Steam knob to discharge evaporation and steam. Then insert the tip in the wand directly into the milk surface to produce microfoams.
Right after the frothing is finished, dip the wand deeper in the pitcher to heat the milk. Gauge the temperature by either the feel on the hand or possibly a liquid thermometer from 140 to 150 F. This can be entirely subjective in one individual to another. Many people really like the milk piping hot whereas others may not.
Add milk in your espresso. Top along with your favorite sweets and spices. To me, it’s an ideal time for you to sprinkle some pumpkin spice for visual effect along with taste.
Dependant upon different retail stores, you could anticipate paying from under $400 to more. A couple of customers said that they had bought theirs from Costco in the holiday promo for approximately $300. I have done look at the price at Costco at the review, it had been under $400. So, watch out for sale in the coming months if you have the Costco membership.
The setting is very straight forward. That’s the benefit of this high-end model. From left to right, they have On/Off,Steam and Brew, Water Volume, Malfunction. The corresponding lighting is either flashing to indicate a time to recover or steady to be able to brew or steam. By turning it counter clockwise for On and the opposite for Off, the Steam/Hot Water knob on the right side panel is used for steaming or dispensing hot water.
- Brews great coffee/espresso rich in flavor, dark colored topped with crema.
- You will end up sipping your very own creation within 2 minutes from the moment the equipment is turned onto the brew is done.
- So, easy to use by adjusting the grind size, dose amount, water volume by pressing a button or two.
- Two neutral colors with sleek and modern appeal.
- Very reasonable comparing to many people similar machines available.
- Removable brew group for simple cleaning.
- The outside is constructed of thermoplastic vs. stainless-steel.
- By-pass doser, not much programming options nor a.
# The Proper Way to Clean
- Take away the steaming rinse and wand it under tepid to warm water. Wipe it down by using a damp cloth after every use, empty the dreg drawer and drip tray if they are full.
- Take away the brew wash and group it with tepid water and allow it to air dry. Talk about the instructions from the User Manual for removal and reassembling.
- Descaling varies based on the water frequency and hardness of usage. It’s an easy indication for descaling if you notice a reduced water flow. Again, stick to the manufacturer’s procedure for descaling and make use of the Saeco descaling product specifically formulated for the espresso machines.
# Customer Reviews – 3.8 out of 5 stars
72% from the Amazon reviewers have rated it 4-5 stars for its durability, convenience and great coffee. A tiny number of customers experienced one issue or any other from water leakage on the unit stopped working. Apparently the client service at Saeco is almost inconsistent.
The Saeco 4045 Vienna Plus permits you to are actually excellent coffee, cappuccinos or lattes without nauseating complexity that typically includes a superautomatic espresso maker.